Frequently Asked Questions
How do I secure our date?
Dates are secured by deposits and we are happy to offer couples 2 options to fit your budget:
- A $500 deposit at the time of booking with the remaining balance +gst due 90 days prior to your wedding date.
- A 50% deposit at the time of booking with the remaining balance +gst due 30 days prior to your wedding date.
Accepted payment methods are Mastercard, Visa, Interac, Email-transfer or Cheque.
Are there decorating restrictions or limitations?
Not really. We want you to have as much freedom as possible to bring your wedding vision to life!
The main concerns we have are simply in regards to safety:
- We do ask that open flame candles be contained in glass (preferably with sand in the bottom to extinguish the flame if tipped over) and the top of the flame needs to be at least 2 inches below the top of the glass. Tealights are allowed as they generally put themselves out with melted wax should they get tipped over so please don't be shy in using them, they're quite safe.
- Open flame of any kind (including candles and tealights) are only allowed inside the wedding barn, no candles are permitted anywhere else on the Ranch due to the fire hazard.
- Tiki torches (and any open flame decor) are not prohibited. If you have a specific desire to have tiki torches (or open flame device) please feel free to contact us to obtain special approval (with limitations) prior to your wedding weekend.
- Fireworks are strictly prohibited, no exceptions & no second warnings. We hate to strict on this one, but the risk to our surrounding neighbors, animals (and humans too) is simply too high. If your photographer would like to arrange pictures done with sparklers, please let us know ahead of time as we do allow this if precautions are taken and a member of our team is on-site. *If there is a fire ban in place sadly sparklers are also banned as the fire district has deemed them extrememly hazardous during a fire ban.
Can we bring our own caterer?
Of Course! We have some amazing recommendations on our Vendors page, but you're welcome to use anyone you like.
If we serve wine is there a corking fee to have a member of your staff open it?
Ummmm...no. Although each bottle will be tested for flavour and quality control purposes! (just kidding!)
Is there a cake cutting fee?
Definitely not. Although not all of our staff members are qualified to handle sharp knives, especially after uncorking wine bottles, just let us know ahead of time and we will coordinate the help you need.
Will other events be scheduled at the Ranch during our weekend?
No. The Ranch is fully dedicated to your wedding only.
What is your alcohol policy?
If you are serving any kind of alcohol (even if it is free) you will need a Special Occasions Licence. They are about $25 and can be purchased online at solo.bcldb.com
Do you have ice available for sale?
Yes. We have ice delivered to the ranch every week, the bags are $2.50/bag (tax inc).
Are there restrictions on campfires?
We have regulation firepits throughout the campground area as well as a group firepit area in the center of it all. You and your guests are more than welcome to use them as you please and the only restrictions are the normal rules that the BC Wildfire Service has set in place such as:
- Fires cannot be left unattended.
- An extinguishing tool must be available (we provide large jugs of water beside each firepit and are happy to refill and bring extra as needed).
- BC Wildfire Service website has more information on campfire rules and current campfire bans. We are in the Kamloops Fire District
Do you sell firewood?
Yes. We sell it for $5 per large bundle or $20 for a tailgate load in our golf cart (a tailgate is equal to 5-6 bundles of firewood). If any of your guests would like firewood we're happy to deliver it right to their site for them. Guests are more than welcome to bring in their own firewood as well.
What if there is a campfire ban in effect?
Unfortunately we do have to follow the Kamloops Fire District rules but we will definitely let you know.
Are propane firepits allowed during a campfire ban?